Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Christmas in the post-War United StatesImage via Wikipedia


I just wanted to tell everyone to have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! If you are not Christian then I hope you have a great holiday whatever you may be celebrating this time of year :)  Be safe with all your celebrating and I hope everyone is looking forward to the new year ahead of us.  It's hard to believe that it will be 2011.  I remember as a kid I couldn't wait until 1998 when I'd be 16 and old enough to drive or for 2000 when I'd finally be 18 and an adult haha.  Now I kind of wish the clock would stop moving so fast because it feels like the weeks, months and years sneak up awfully fast.
My advice to you for the upcoming year and the future is:
Don't wish your time away because when it finally comes you'll wish you had spent it focusing on what was going on at that time in your life instead of waiting for something to happen in the future when it's never a guarantee.  There are so many things I am grateful for in my life but when I think back to when I was a kid I can't help but feel nostalgia and even a little bit of homesickness.  I chose the word homesickness for a lot of reasons.  After my dad died (my mother having already passed away a year and a half before him) I had to move away from everything I'd ever known and loved in my life.  It still feels like I have had two lives.  One before my dad's death and then the Second starting when I had to move to a different city, school, etc.  I was only 13 then and looking back it's sometimes difficult to believe that I lived through all of that.  But we grow up and the past gets a little more distant from us but then we look back and wish we could do some things all over again.  Of course, we can't do that so I say, don't keep wishing time would speed up because believe me, it will come and be over with a lot faster than you could ever imagine.

I've never been good at New Year's resolutions but I hope that everyone can come up with something that is achievable.  I always find myself trying to set some crazy goal and then I give up quickly on it and forget all about it.  So for this coming year, I hope I can pass along something that even one person could benefit from.  That alone would make it all worth it.

So remember, be safe and have a great Holiday Season, whatever you are celebrating.  I hope everyone rings in the New Year with hope and anticipation for something even better than 2010 has brought.

Love,
Tiff



Enhanced by Zemanta
0 Responses