Product of the Week...GiGi All Purpose Honee Hair Removal System
Product of the week time.  I know I didn't do one last week and I apologize.  I was sick and had tons of stuff to do for my classes.  The product I've chosen is a hair removal system that I thought I'd try out before spending money to get waxing done at a salon or spa.  Many women out there find themselves with unsightly facial hair and in recent years I've found myself to be one of them.  We all hate to talk about it but it's a simple fact that we have to deal with.  Obviously, there are tons of products on the market that claim they can remove that hair easily.  I've tried a few different cheaper ones that you can get at Walmart or drugstores, but I always found that I had to apply it several times to get most of the hair removed.  Usually, I would end up just plucking instead.  Now, if you've ever tried it, plucking your upper lip is pretty painful and takes a good amount of time to get every little hair. So, the product here is something I have tried and found that it works pretty well for a microwave waxing system.


Gigi All Purpose Honee: Microwave Formula Hair Removal System is the name of the product.  I got it at Sally Beauty Supply for only 15 dollars.  It comes with a tub of microwavable wax as well as large and small strips, large and small wooden applicators, Wax Off (which you use to get any left over wax residue off your skin), After Wax Concealer (which I thought was pretty cool.  It's basically a tinted moisturizer that helps hide any redness), Slow Grow (you apply this after showering or washing your face to help slow the regrowth of the hairs), and Pre-Hon (which basically preps the skin prior to waxing).

  Ok, let me tell you.  This product blew me away.  I didn't have to reapply wax at all in order to get any hairs that were left behind.  It was amazing.  I'm pretty self conscious about my "mustache" and so this was great.  I even did the area between my brows, unibrow whatever you would like to call it.  I didn't really need to do it but there were a few stray hairs coming back in after plucking and I thought I'd just try it out since I already had the wax ready to use.  I would definitely recommend this product to those who, like me, feel kind of awkward going somewhere to pay somebody to remove my mustache haha.  I haven't tried it yet on any other areas, like legs or bikini zone.  I believe there are other types of wax that are made by the same comany that are designed for specifically the bikini zone too.  There is even one called "brazillian bikini" wax.  I don't know if I'm that brave just yet haha.  But I do feel it was worth my 15 dollars because there is plenty of product which means it easily pays for itself when compared to what you'd pay to get it done at a salon multiple times.


Anyway, I hope this helps for those of you who want to get a home system to remove facial hair.
My only con is really that the wax can get a little messy when you're trying to take out the applicator (as you get the little strand of wax that doesn't want to separate) but that's probably difficult to avoid regardless simply because of what it's made of.

Anyway, have a great week :)
Hugs,
Tiff

Disclaimer: all products were purchased with my own money.  I am not being paid in any way to promote this product.  All opinions expressed are my own.
0 Responses