Happy V Day!
Yes, it's the day when everybody goes out and spends far more money than they need to on the people they either: love, care about, are friends with or maybe just want to get laid by.   My favorite are the ones that have only been dating for like 2 weeks and it's like a huge deal to them.  "OH MY GOD IT'S VALENTINE'S DAY AND I GET TO SPEND IT WITH MY SWEETIE! (I hope he gets me that necklace or ring I've been wanting for 10 years but didn't have anybody to buy it for me")..... I swear guys are suckers.  Why do you let yourselves get roped into all kinds of craziness over girls you barely know?  And girls, what the hell is wrong with you? You don't NEED to be with somebody on Valentine's Day just because it's Valentine's Day.  Hell, find some friends and go hang out with them.  I hear everybody get all sad and depressed that they don't have anybody on Valentine's Day....what about the other 364 days of the year that you don't have anybody? Why is it on this one day you get all sad and depressed and eat a half gallon...or maybe an entire gallon of ice cream? (don't worry, I do that sort of thing and I'm married!).  *sigh*  I hope everybody has a great time today because I know there's a big social expectation to go do something hopelessly and disgustingly romantic on February 14th every year.  Personally, I'm probably going to just sit at home, eat cheesecake, play around on www.getglue.com and maybe watch some 30 Rock on Netflix streaming.  That's my kind of Valentine's Day.......Lord, I'm getting old!!

But in all seriousness, have a safe, fun, romantic (if that's your thing) Valentine's Day and I hope you get to spend some quality time with the ones you love, whether they be friends, family, boyfriends/girlfriends, or spouses.  Just take the time to appreciate them.  No need to spend insane amounts of money because Hallmark tells you to.

Hugs,
Tiff.
0 Responses