What's in a name?
    I have spent a lot of time looking up names online and in baby name books just because I love learning what names mean.  I love to write (although I tend not to actually finish a lot of what I start) and I love having names that suite the character’s personality/profession or maybe something that the character might become later on in the story (leaving it up to the reader to actually figure out what the name means or figuring out exactly how it fits that character). 

My Pets' names:
    -Murphy (my cat named for Officer Alex J. Murphy aka Robocop)
    -Napoleon (my french bulldog named for Napoleon Bonaparte)
    -used to have a Betta fish named Malcolm (for Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly  and Serenity) he died though.  I did have a picture of the ship, Serenity, taped to the back of his bowl though to give him a cool atmosphere.  What can I say? I’m a weird nerd like that. 
    -my cat that I had as a kid was She-ra, and to this day I still think She-ra was an awesome character. 

   
Anyway, I love names.  It’s fascinating. I thought I'd just ramble on about a little of what I was thinking regarding them. 
0 Responses