Easy Mixing Medium: Glycerin and Water (cheap and super easy!)
Ok, so I've been wanting to make a mixing medium that wouldn't break the bank since most that you buy from places such as MAC or Make Up For Ever can be a bit pricey.  So I'm making it with glycerin and water.  Here's how:

What you need:
a bottle of pure Glycerin (I got mine at a local drug store, I think mine was like 3 dollars)
Water
Small Container with a Lid
a measuring spoon (the size depends on how much you want to make)


Basically all you need to do is take 1 part glycerin and add 3 parts water.  Add them to the little container that you have, close it up and shake it.  There ya have it.  It's so easy and much cheaper than buying mixing medium.  I wouldn't recommend making a big batch as there are no preservatives that are added. Throw it out no later than 2 weeks if you still have some left.  Since I'm paranoid about my eyes, I'll probably only make enough for a week at a time just to be safe.  Mold can grow in it and nobody wants yucky mold in their eye makeup!! I hope this helps :)
For my batch I simply used 1/4 teaspoon of glycerin and 3/4 tablespoons of water.  Pretty easy and straight forward.
Make sure when you dip your brush in it to blot excess mixture on a paper towel.  You only need a small amount just so that it is damp.
                 The one on the left is dry with no base/primer, the one on the right is with the glycerin/water       mix and no base/primer.


Remember: never use the glycerin by itself.  This will dry out your skin.  You need to make sure you put the water in with it.

Hugs,
Tiff

Disclaimer: All products shown were purchased by me.  No company or brand is paying me to do this blog, nor do they endorse it in any way.  Any opinions are solely my own.
0 Responses