My wonderful Frenchie, Napoleon


While I want to mainly use this blog for all things related to beauty/makeup I feel like it would be more fun to post about other things in my life as well.  Hence the reason I'm posting something about my dog haha.  My french bulldog, Napoleon will be 5 at the beginning of April and the thought of him getting older makes me a little sad.  Frenchies tend to have a shorter lifespan than a lot of other breeds mainly due to their squished in faces.  The key to prolonging their life is in making sure they eat healthy and maintain their weight as well.  An overweight frenchie will most definitely have more problems breathing.  They don't need a whole lot of exercise and are even great for apartments but it is extremely important to take the time and care in making sure you help keep in shape.  My frenchie loves running around like crazy for a couple of minutes and then when he's done running a few laps he generally wants to snuggle under the blankets (especially if it's cold and there's an electric blanket on the bed).  He loves hogging the covers and the bed, and for only 27 pounds, he does a pretty good job of it.  If anybody who is interested in the breed is reading this, I would definitely recommend doing research (I'd recommend this for ANY breed of dog) before actually buying or rescuing one.  I had read up on the breed for a long time before getting my little man.  Anyway, I guess that's enough rambling for now.  :)

Hugs, 
Tiff & Napoleon!!
0 Responses